Just when you thought we forgot about Giving Tuesday...
It seems this year, 2017, both at PRIDE Day but also from other organizations the staff and Diversity Library keep getting thanked for saving and keeping the history of the local LGBTQ community. Sometimes the all-volunteer staff in their labors at the Northeast Indiana Diversity Library are so busy giving of themselves and focusing on their tasks that time is needed to step back and see what "The Little Library That Could" has accomplished. That together the volunteers' work is really appreciated.
December 2, 2014, there was a call to action that changed the calendar and help make history. A celebrated day dedicated to giving – when charities, families, businesses, community centers, students, retailers and more will all come together for Giving Tuesday – a movement to celebrate giving and kick-off the holiday giving season. If you missed Tuesday there is still time for you to give but you may also ask just where do your dollars go?
- Maintaining and adding to NIDL's circulating collection which includes the software and computers to process materials and circulate them to library patrons.
- Preserving archival materials through digitization and safe storage of these materials.
- Access to materials through cataloging, indexing, and safe displays of these materials.
- Promoting not only the NIDL as a library and archives but also programs for students or the community groups about LGBTQ history or authors.
- Providing program support to social/supportive groups that meet in and near the Library.
Where dollars do NOT go is to salaries and buildings.
If it were not for the support and hospitality of IPFW and the Helmke Library; and grants from Macy's; the GM Foundation; and the Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne; in addition to donors or Friends of NIDL to our endowment fund... the Northeast Indiana Diversity Library could not provide the access to the wonderful collection or preserve the local LGBTQ history of Fort Wayne and surrounding area through digitizing history in the archives. NIDL shares the Fort Wayne Community Educational Centers' 501(c)(3) status and donations are tax deductible.
Won't you consider giving to our endowment fund* with a 20% match of your amount; or donate directly by going to the NIDL website and using the Paypal option; or print out the "Friends of NIDL" form and mail in your donation .
*select "Other (select to enter fund name)"; enter "Northeast Indiana Diversity Library" on the box that appears and have your dollars matched at 20%